Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Speechless

Something crazy fabulous happened to me yesterday and I have contemplated whether to share it with you or not. I want to share because I want to shout from the roof tops that God is faithful. He will do what He says He will do and He is who He says He is. But, I do not want you to think that I am bragging about my own works in any way because there is not one thing that I could have done that would encourage someone to give like they did. Yesterday I received a generous amount of $ from an anonymous person. I am totally blown away by this. Not because I didn't think God was capable but, because He did it for me just to let me know He loves me. It was sitting on my chair at work, my first and last name typed on the outside of the envelope. No signature, just a typed letter with encouraging, life giving words. Wow, I really have been racking my brain on who this mystery person might be and why they would do such a thing. But I think they remain anonymous for a reason- God alone gets the glory. I am totally overwhelmed by my Father's goodness, as if I needed another reason to love Him. If you reading this and you are the one that was obedient to God, thank you. You were an answer to prayer and have encouraged me beyond what I could ever say. I am praying for you. He loves us.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

OK, sooooo...it wasn't me. (just wanted to help you narrow it down)

But yay!! That is so absolutely amazing! God IS faithful! And wonderful...and awesome...and lovely...and...

Shannon said...

Wow! Obviously that person knew that you are the type of person to use that money for Gods will and for the good of the community. It is truly a blessing, and also a testiment to your work as a Christian Soldier! (Which, my friend, you are!)

The Louders said...

Awesome...God, you are so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing of His amazing love, once again. :)