87. Beloved- I had the privilege to share with a small service organization/sorority at ACU this past weekend. It was wonderful to share with them and to get away from my life for a night and hear their hearts for their campus, for the poor and needy. I hope I was able to encourage them. The leaders were sweet beautiful girls and such an inspiration. I was humbled to be there with them. Here is a pic of a few of us outside.

88. Expect God in the unexpected. Don't wait for perfect conditions. I asked the Lord what it was I was supposed to share with the girls at the retreat and this was a resounding theme. I think this was a little gift for me to, huh, imagine that?! And I think he was talking to me all along! Crazy, I tell you.
89. Hallelujah by Bethany Dillion- this song is such a faith builder for me and has been for a while. There were times when I listened to this song and was with great joy and excitement and other times when it was sheer faith mixed in with a little fear that I sang this to the Lord. Either way I want these words to be true. I heard it today and it was such a gift.
90. Don't just get it over with. - I know you are thinking what does that mean?! But I have found that my tendency is to just get things over with. For example, when I need to confess or if I am sad about something, if I have something to "take care of" I tend to just get it over with. Even when something is exciting. But, especially if it is a new experience I often say OK, let's just get through it and get it over with. Although, this idea of "suck it up and take care of your business" sounds like a great plan most of the time, I think God is wanting me to really experience things that He is bringing to my life and NOT just get it over with. Do you find that to be a theme in our culture? We just want to go through the motions and get to the next thing when in reality nothing is ever promised. TODAY is all we get. If I am constantly looking ahead I miss so much of today. Even if that means dealing with being frustrated,happy; sad, lonely; being content,joyful, misunderstood or just having a hard season in life; I want to drink deep of what God has placed in front of me, get to know this place well so that it draws me to the ONE that can satisfy. So often I go through the motions and I am learning it is OK to acknowledge how I feel as long as that doesn't determine what I believe. :) I am learning to stop and smell the roses and drink deep of all that life offers.
91. My Parents.

I am so incredibly blessed by my parents. They came to visit me this week! It was a special time and I really don't know if I have ever had both of my parents all to myself without a schedule or agenda. It was so much fun!
92. I am a soccer coach. Yes, that is true. I never thought I would say those words! Do I know how to play soccer?! Of course not! Upward is an incredible ministry sports organization that desperately needed coaches so I got suckered in to coaching the 5th and 6th grade girls team. I came to practice hoping no one would call my bluff posing as a soccer coach. As I introduced myself to the girls I said, "Hi,I am Sarah and I am your soccer coach this year and, I've never played soccer before." Yes, I totally said that! It was funny, afterwards. The girls are good sports and luckily we practice with another team so I would say I am more of an encourager rather than a coach. :) Our team is called the Lady Dragons in case you were wondering. AND yes, I get a whistle and a jersey.
As Always,
Sarah
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, I love it and miss you so much. I want to coach soccer with you! I promise I am moving to the Dallas area sooner or later!
Oh my goodness you're a soccer coach! THAT is awesome!
Miss you blogging! Glad you're back!
Post a Comment