It's interesting how we say things or pray things that prepare us for what is ahead. I will say I did not know how timely my last blog was and how TRUE to would be for me right now. Oh, but God knows. And I know Him. And I am known by him. I am known by God to the very depth of my being and nothing is hidden from Him. That brings me comfort. As I hear about hurt and heartache around me and in my life it brings a continuous ache to my soul. An ache that is sad; but more than that it is for Jesus. It is for eternity, and a great reminder that this world is not our home. A great reminder that there is no pit too deep that Jesus cannot reach. There is not a sorrow too strong or darkness too dark for His reaching. Jesus saves, Jesus heals, Jesus delivers. Brokenness is hard to watch and hard to experience but the truth is, it brings us back to all we really have- which is JESUS. It is possible to be thankful in that brokenness. It is possible to have deep joy in that beautiful mercy. To know the closeness of Jesus and to transparently worship him. For a child of God, there is blessing in brokenness. I don't want to be afraid of brokenness. Sometimes it's hard to embrace. Isn't that the purpose of life anyway? Isn't that what I was created to do? At the end of the day regardless of how full our life seems isn't the
point of it all to worship our Creator? Yahweh. Nothing can separate me from that.
I always
secretly wanted, unashamedly wanted to be a barlowgirl because I think they are so cool. If you don't know who barlowgirl is let me introduce you! They are 3 passionate sisters who are in a rock band and they live out their convictions and LOVE JESUS. Anyway, I love them. I might be the only 30 year old that does, I think most of their followers are teenybopper like but, seriously- they are the real deal. Here are two of my favorite barlowgirl songs.
I don't regret- I wanted to put a link to this song but the youtube videos to this song were a little cheesy. Look it up if you are interested. This song has reminded me that choosing God over everything else in this world even over the desires of my heart, is something I will never regret. Choosing righteousness is not something I will regret in the end, even if it is a harder choice. Good reminder, good stuff.
I believe in love- I don't really have words for this one.
I have an urge to apologize for my passionate, honest words at times because I feel like I should hold back a little bit but, I decided I don't want to do that today. :) So there you have it. unapologetically.
As Always,
Sarah
2 comments:
I'm 30, and I'm a big fan of barlowgirl. :) God reminded me this morning that He will redeem, restore, and renew all brokenness in the end. It was an encouraging reminder for me as I feel overwhelmed right now by some things that are dark and broken. There's a song that I can't think of right now that has a similar theme to your post--about brokenness pointing us to our ultimate need of Jesus in this broken world. Good post, Sarey.
Love this, Sarah!! :) And I love barlowgirl, too!! Haha
Post a Comment