Monday, December 15, 2008

Glass Shattering

Today has not been the best day of my life and hopefully will not be the best day of the week or I am in trouble. I came home from an OK day at work and decided I didn't want to go out in the cold so I was adamant at staying home tonight. Normally, I am with my favorite friends tonight for our Monday night group but December is a little busy for everyone so we will meet up again in 2009. Anyway, I was on the phone with Annie talking about my not so favorite day and decided to start making dinner. My dinner was coming along fabulously- Parmesan crusted chicken, (shake and bake) wheat pasta with marinara sauce and green bean casserole. (It actually sounds better and more difficult that it was.) My spaghetti was done, chicken was out of the oven and on top of the stove, and green beans were heating up-All of a sudden I smelled something burning-- my first thought- Ugh! My neighbors must be smoking again and it is coming through the vents. (this happens often by the way) I run into the kitchen and realized I put my glass Pyrex baking pan on the stove top and forgot to turn it off!!!! My chicken was burning!! So, I of course reach over the pan to turn off the burner and right about that time the glass pan shattered!!! Actually, exploded is a better word-- My glass pan exploded all over my kitchen, there are burn marks on my counter top from the super hot flying pieces of glass. Thank God, it didn't hit me in the face! I am sure seconds later I would have been in huge trouble and alot of pain. So I of course throw out my Parmesan crusted hot glass chicken away, cleaned up my explosion and was very paranoid eating my spaghetti. I didn't finish it because I was so paranoid there was glass in it. I am sure its fine, my dinner dwindled down to green bean casserole and Clementine oranges. :( I am sorry I do not have pictures to show for my big mess; my camera needs batteries and I keep forgetting. Trust me, it was no fun to clean up. What can I say? At this point, I can only laugh at myself.

4 comments:

Embracing Grace said...

And again...why I love you...if it makes you feel any better, I was making cupcakes for the wsteam and had been cooking something on the stove top earlier and forgot to turn it off, so when I was taking the cupcakes out I was placing them on the burner (which was on- yet i didn't know this) so the bottoms of my cupcakes burnt and then I still had to feed them to the worship team. yes, i miss my sarah

Jennifer said...

OH my goodness Sarah Casas...this just creeps me out. First- HOW did we possibly miss hanging out with each other back at COTR? Maybe the universe could not handle it...

BUT- I, myself, have had an explosion of glass because I set the plate of chicken on a burner that was still on. And what was I cooking? Parmesean crusted chicken (not shake and bake though) and spaghetti! mmmmmmhmmmmmm.
Except, unfortunately, I was cooking for about 5 people, all patiently waiting in the living room for dinner to be served...
All they heard was an explosion, glass shattering, and a scream from me. My friend Aaron walked into the kitchen, looked at the chaos, reached into his pocket for his phone- and immediately dialed Pizza Hut.

Natalie said...

Oh, I'm sorry Sarey! That is quite a story! I'm missing our Mondays--Kaylene's craft project for my parents turned out pretty darn cute, but I feel like I haven't seen you in forever (yes, it's only been since Monday afternoon at work, but that's far too long). :)

And thanks for your sweet comments on my blog--love you friend!

Amy said...

Sarah! I'm so sorry, but I'm sure I'm in the safe since it's been over a week since this happened. But I got a nice chuckle out of this (of course only because you're okay). I can just see you so mad... oh my! If I'd have known this sooner I'd have bought you a new casserole dish.

Amy