Sometimes I like to watch the community channel (HUGE dork, I know). It's good background noise and it is like people watching without them seeing you. A random local event, church services, and sometimes they show a dance off contest in the DFW area. I am telling you, ENTERTAINMENT!. I just turned on the TV and someone I met today actually is leading a gospel choir on the local community channel. PURE GREATNESS!
I recently had a conversation with someone about not getting sucked into The Twilight series (gasp!) and brought to my attention other things that I haven't done simply for the pleasure of being stubborn and going against the norm. I like to rebel for no other reason than not doing what others say you should. I am not normally someone that likes to cause trouble and be difficult but I do have a little stubborn streak in me that shows it self every now and then.:) Here are a few examples of fads I refused to do or purchase simply for the sake of not giving in.
-I-phone. I know, I know its the coolest thing on the planet.
- Twitter
- Twilight craze
- Lord of the Rings saga
- Lost The TV series
- join a college sorority
- wear Ugg boots with a skirt
- telling people to be jealous of my facebook status.. haha probably one of my favorites. Here is an example-
I just went on the most extravagant date/shopping spree/vacation ever.
Be jealous.
OK, why do you want someone to be jealous? Even if I am, I think it is wierd to ask people to do that. Anybody?
-Harry Potter
-gaucho pants
Don't you LOVE how deep this post is? I know. I know.
Here are a few things I HAVE given into
-knee high boots
-facebook
-Grey's anatomy (so classy!)
-The Bachelor
-cute hats
-scarves
-bare minerals make-up
Please don't think I think there is anything wrong with any of the things listed above, just a few things I vetoed. Do you have a list as well? What are a few fads that YOU refuse to give into? And if you are reading this and think I have a problem....let me know. :)
As Always,
Sarah
6 comments:
I too tend to rebel when people really encourage me to do something...one was reading the Shack - I was annoyed because it was expected of me to do so...I finally gave in when my in-laws gave it to me as a gift and continually asked my opinion of it...on a side note - I do think you should reconsider twitter (it is way less annoying than facebook)...although I may be just adding fuel to your rebellious fire on that one
Oh Sarah, you're so rebellious!! I have a similar list which also includes Twilight. But I agree with Paige about twitter, but mainly because I love Sarah updates!! Don't you want the whole world to know what you're doing in 140 characters or less every moment of the day??
LOVE your lists!
I was actually going to mention The Shack on my list too...but unlike Paige, I have stood strong.(hahahahahaah! j/k)
MOST definitly refuse to be part of Harry Potter, LOTR, Twilight, True Blood, and any other creepy ungodly trends.
I would also add Pandora, Farmville, and linking my Twitter/Facebook accounts making the same update show up on both. (but yes...listen to us cool people and come to Twitter!)
ALMOST totally agree with your give-in list! (Bare minerals! Grey's! HELLO!)
...but the Bachelor??? Really???? *sigh* I guess we can't be COMPLETELY like-minded. ;-)
Well actually Jenn- the bachelor is now on the NOT list. But I did used to give and it got worse and worse and I couldn't stomach it's grossness anymore. In fact it makes me want to barf! So The Jason bachelor was the last straw so now I refrain. and will never go back!
Good list! I meant to comment on this the other day and time got away. I am with you on the Twitter thing. I just can't get into it. And yea, the Bachelor...after Jason it's over :)
I wore gaucho pants. Can we still be friends? :)
Post a Comment