Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In spite of myself

This is how my evening went yesterday. I left work and was in a completely grumpy mood,I will not disclose why but lets just say that it had nothing to do with work or anyone else but me. I mostly think it was a personal attack against myself,bad accusations that I chose to embrace even though I know the TRUTH. I went home, started to make dinner, and my dear friend Jana was bringing a bite to eat and needed to kill an hour before she went on to her next outing. I realized I didn't have everything I needed for the dinner I wanted to make so that added to my frustration. Because of that, I decided that I needed to go out to dinner. I called Jana and was in mid-sentence to tell her I would meet her somewhere for dinner instead of having her come to my house.
she says-"about to order, call you back"- Click.
So you want to know what I asked her to do? (of course you do, you are reading this pointless blog) I asked her to meet me at a restaurant and bring her chick-fil-a into the restaurant I chose! That's right. Stubborn Sarah. Instead of going to meet her there, I wanted her to bring her food to the restaurant of my choice since she hung up before I could boss her. Gees! Well, she came to the restaurant and did I mention it was a semi-sit down? Yeah, a cross between Rosa's and On the border. I did have enough sanity to ask the host if that was ok and the owner of the place was so cool, despite my ridiculous request. We got a few looks, but good thing Jana doesn't care(ever!) and that I was acting insane. Anyway, apparently she was in a grumpy mood as well. We were not the best of company with my stubborn streak and her apathetic mood. Our conversation was FAR from interesting. When the check came I begrudgingly paid 11.50 and at this point I knew I should've just kept my grumpy pants at home. Jana and I walked out of the restaurant,looked at each other and said "this was the worst night ever, let's never do this again." and got in our separate cars and drove away. HAHA! I love friends that love you in spite of yourself. Thank you,God for allowing me to see my faults so clearly. But,also showing me that you give others the grace to love me anyway. I am so blessed. Here are a few pictures of my wonderful small group and my roomies at our fall party! :) We LOVE themed parties,some of us more than others
(Aimee The Harvest Princess)!



2 comments:

mandal said...

I can so relate with your grumpy mood story. It happens. I bet you're still sweet even in your grumpy moods, though! LOOVE the theme party pics!!! That is so fun. And yes, you can come visit in my dream house :)

Jennifer said...

How did I miss this post???

LOVED the honesty. And have soooooo been there...many-a-times. Props for recognizing your 'tude so soon. It can usually take me longer to grasp that I'M the issue!
ha!

So adding occasional grumpiness (much better word choice than what I would have used!) and theme parties to the list...I'm convinced more than ever that we should be living in the same city!!