Monday, January 18, 2010

Just a girl


I have enjoyed many things about being a woman this weekend.
Like....
Painting my nails a sparkly red color called "Not really a waitress" Whose job is it to name nail polish? That would be a fun job, I think.

Holding a baby and smelling his sweet smelling baby head and ooohhing and aaahhhing at the sweet little man.

Shaving my legs.

Buying a cute frilly nightgown with a satin pink bow on it.

Anyway, just loving being a girl. Sometimes I don't like being a girl. Especially when I have to talk about anything mechanical about my car or move for the 128th time. Sorry my poor blog has been in a coma for the last 2 months. I can flood these pages with excuses; but, the truth is it doesn't matter that my computer bit the dust and I have to borrow my roommate's computer and don't want to hog her's. :) Because, really - I know life continues to go one without my sassyness on the world wide web. I like to blog but sometimes I think its kind of creepy that anyone can read this. But I also think private blogs are oh so high maintence. Anyone want to help me pick out the perfect little black dress? I need one 3 times over. Yes, that's right- I need one. Well, not really but I have 3 excuses. I have 4 weddings this spring and three -1 a bridesmaid, 2 houseparty honorees require me to wear a little black dress! So fun.

I really like 2010 so far. The holidays were great and right before Christmas I spent a few days in Kansas City with one of my best friends and her husband. We spent 3 days at the International House of Prayer and it was so incredible! God spoke SO much to me in those three days and really gave me a deeper desire for prayer and intercession. I was overwhelmed with the Father's love for me and what HE spoke to my heart.

Here are a few pictures from NYE with my buddy Aimee. We had a few parties to go to and made corsages for one of the parties. She is a designer and likes to go on adventures leaving a sparkly trail of creativity along the way. We always have a good time!


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm pretty sure life doesn't continue on as fantastically if you're sassyness isn't abounding. :-)
Great post...I'm so with you! And really think you need to move to CO more and more every day.

AND...sorry if I called you high-maintenance. Never feel pressure to cave under my influence. HA! I do promise to STILL read you even if you go private!

Natalie said...

Fun post! I want to name colors of nail polish and crayons. :)