Monday, November 22, 2010

back from Hiatus and HAITI

Hello Blog world! I am back! Well, kind of. Here is a letter I sent out to many family and friends about my trip to Haiti. I thought I would share it with all of you, I am not really sure who reads my blog anymore. I was private but then no one really read and now I am not and I don't post so I don't know! :)

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write you to tell you all about my trip to Haiti. Your prayers and support were such a vital part of making this trip possible. Thank you for partnering with me! Although I was only in Haiti for 7 days I walked away with a lifetime of memories. Faces forever sketched in my mind, memories that I will never forget. God flooded my heart with love for the people of Haiti. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. The question everyone wants to know is “What has changed since the earthquake?” Not too much. The evidence of the earthquake are the piles of rubble and the thousands living in tents outside of the city. Although this seems mind boggling, Haiti has always been a country in desperate need physically as well as spiritually. Since the earthquake, many have begun to cry out for God to save them. During our time there, we stayed at Mission of Hope Haiti. I can’t believe what God is doing through this organization! What I found most impressive were the humble hearts behind the mission, regular people that were obedient to God. He can work wonders through willing hearts! MOH vision is to reach every man, woman and child in Haiti with the love of Christ. Although this seems unattainable, with God I believe it can happen. During our stay we were able to go into the tent cities and surrounding villages. We painted schools and churches, prayed with the locals, played with hundreds of children,visited orphanages, went to children’s church and worshipped in creole! We were able to see first hand the desperate need for Jesus in this place. There were many times that I felt God’s presence so strongly. It was so fulfilling to know we were doing His work, we were apart of the kingdom coming to earth no matter if it was feeding several children their only meal that day, praying with a young girl, holding a sick orphan or getting to talk with another team member, His presence was felt so closely to us during our time. Thank you for your prayers! I think one of the greatest revelations God showed me was, despite the cultural differences between me and the Haitians, in the midst of the language barriers, we were worlds apart in so many ways and we were exactly the same. We weren’t as different as I thought. Their need was obvious, it was not hidden. Although I have many blessings, many material blessings; without Christ I am wretched, poor, blind and naked. (Revelation 3:17) But with Christ we have attained ALL riches in Him! Wow! What truth and freedom we have in Jesus! He offers the world HOPE. There is hope for Haiti. I can see God in their eyes and throughout the midst of poverty. I continue to pray for Haiti and for revival in the world. Please keep the people of Haiti in your prayers! Our prayers move mountains! Thank you for your support and for allowing God to use your resources for His glory and fame! Click below to watch a slide show of pictures from my trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKeq8NBJ3k

2 comments:

minda312 said...

I read!!! :-)

Jennifer said...

I read! I just didn't get the non-private memo...and I haven't stop to read my high maintenance friends in a while! ;-)Ha!

Loved your update on Haiti. Love that that nation is in your heart. Loved your picture slide show.