Saturday, July 10, 2010

This one is for the books

I started a new part-time job last week! I am working at Clayton Adams Salon on Thursday evenings and Saturdays. I love it! I am the front desk receptionist. Clay and I go to church together,and the salon is AWESOME. I have to do my hair every time I go to work now. Let me rephrase, I SHOULD do my hair every time I got to work. The salon is in the Hulen mall right down the road from my house. It gives me plenty of opportunity to people watch! There are the regular mall walkers, jr. high couple break-ups, kids, and creepy people that walk by on a regular basis. A cute elderly couple walks the mall every Saturday DRESSED alike! Yes -It's the cutest thing ever! Last week they wore white polyester pants and matching yellow shirts, blue shirts with white pants, and I just saw the Mr. walking the mall without the MRS. :( I hope she is ok, they seem to never miss!


Wanna know what else happened last week? Plumbing FIASCO. UGH. It was crazy. I'll explain. I was tired and was starting my usual "nightly routine" I began to fill the tub and added bubbles to my blissful bath. It was perfect, just about the time it was filled to the very top, I reach to turned the water off. I turned as hard as I could and the water kept coming! Oh my! I began to drain the tub and yell for my roommate. We realized that we had a little problem on our hands...we tried everything, turning off the water heater and trying to turn it off again. We realized that we had to turn off the water to the entire house. This required to FIND the water thing outside in the dark at 11 pm. It was not a pretty sight. I was outside in my front yard as cars drove by with a short rain shower every now and again; trying to shut our water off. We finally gave up and called Seth and Mari-Anne. Good thing they were still awake and loved us enough to come help the poor girls that know NOTHING about house maintenance. Kim said she wished she could've figured it out on her own. She said she wanted the sense of accomplishment. NOT I! Is it bad that I could care less about learning about those things? I know that I should in case of an emergency but I have NO desire what so ever. I would rather have a guy I could call at any moment's notice for such instances (I think they call those guys husbands? kidding, kidding). Oh well. We survived. We FINALLY got the water shut off and had to bang (literally) the valve open the next morning and rush to take showers and then bang it shut when we were done. It was quite a sight I must say, to see a girl roll out of bed, grab a hammer and bang the &*@)^%* out of the water valve in the front yard hoping she could shower before work. HAHA! I am so thankful for running water! We are so blessed to have so many comforts that I take for granted way too often. Did I mention my car battery had a problem this week too? Don't worry I made it through. At that point, I could only laugh.

:)

As always,

Sarah