I am blog slacker. It's official. I wanted to get back to the blog and share a gift that I have not always understood how much of a gift it could be. Recently I posted a facebook link that was called "19 things never to say to single people." It was a good laugh and very accurate to what I have been told during my single life. If you missed it click here. I want to say that I do see my single as a gift. As much as there are moments where this gift has brought some loneliness to my life along with a few moments of feeling left out of the "wifey" club; it has many perks that I enjoy! Here is the singleness list to add to my 1000 gifts.
71. I have grown to know myself VERY well.
72. cereal for dinner, and no one complains! :)
73. staying in bed reading without any regard to keeping anyone else up.
74. having my own room!
75. my LONG nightly bedtime routine. I am sure one of my roommates will warn Mr. Sarah Casas about this. I take a long time to wind down and go to bed. I pittle around. I rearrange my closet or read in the bath for an hour or read through an old journal or... you get the idea. I enjoy winding down at the end of the day and I don't know how to just go to bed. :) I am more complex than that I guess! haha
76. I have grown to better understand what it means that My God my maker is my husband. If I was married in my early twenties I would not understand this to the depths that I have grown to know. We are the bride of Christ and Jesus is the bride groom. There is true freedom in this love that is unmerited, unconditional, and radical.
78. a girly bathroom :) Can you say, Shabby chic?
79. house sitting often
80. babysitting often
81. many many Godly girlfriends. I may not be married but I am not a girl lacking in the relationship area! Trust me. I may or may not have an overbooked social calendar.;)
82. Late night of prayer and the word. I love this! To be honest I probably don't take advantage of it as much as I should.
83. FREE TIME= ME TIME. I realize that I have more free time and more me time and I must say that I LOVE!
84. Bible studies. I think this goes with my free time
85. more opportunities to serve God in my church, outreach, volunteering, ministering to others
86. Spontaneous Road trips!!!
87. Less responsibility. I know that once you get married and have kids comes along much more responsibility.
Although I desire to be a wife and a mom, I also know that it can be so hard. I respect all of you who are parents. I greatly admire those of you who have been happily married for years! What an accomplishment. I hope this list doesn't sound like I am hating on being married, that is not my intent. I have heard marriage has alot of perks too! :) I just know so many people who are single/married that are so unsatisfied. Many don't ever get to the place of being satisfied in their singleness and quiet frankly, I believe it will not be too long before these people are not satisfied in their marriage either. I don't think one is better than the other, just different. Each come with it's own set of struggles, heartaches and opportunities of character building. Although, I do desire to be a wife and a mother some day ( sooner than later preferably) I TRUST my maker, my God so much! I know that HE is for me and not against me. I know that He has good things in store for me. I know that He is faithful. I know that I can trust Him and love Him. I know that HE will glorify himself through my life and that is my ultimate purpose.
For your Maker is your husband— the LORD Almighty is his name— the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.
Isaiah 54:5
2 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your list! So ubberly fantastic...and I'm so right there with you! OK...except that extensive need to 'wind down' at night...that's totally weird. AHAHAHAHA!
So once...many years ago...I felt like my 'singleness' could come to an end...and I totally panicked. I was in such an amazing place with God and seeing Him as my everything...I freaked out and told Him I wasn't ready to let someone else in. And I've cherished that time more than any other in my life.
NOW...several years later...I have mentioned...discussed...perhaps waved flairs and banners at God...hinting that I may...possibly...be ready for the next season and wondering when the heck we're going to get on with it...
;-)
You are so great! I enjoyed reading your list! You are a fantastic single lady and will be a fantastic wife and mom some day!
Post a Comment