Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27th

Hi there!

It's been a little while. Here is a little recap of what's gone on lately:

Work, workout, weddings, birthdays, graduations, wedding showers,bachelorette parties, company in town for a visit, work parties, bible study, church, REPEAT. Doesn't that make you tired? It makes me tired. Life is full and very good but I am really in need of some solitude to get back on track and clear my head.

In April, we had a fundraiser for The Gladney Center and somehow last year I was talked into being the "model" for a diamond necklace that was the prize at the auction. Well, I was told I was also the "model" for this year again! (Insert sarcastic tone) How do I get signed up for these things? The necklace this year was so different and very pretty. Who am I kidding?! I do love getting gussied up even if it involves a short 5 mins of being slightly embarrassed because everyone in the room is starting at you. Did I mention Pat Green was my escort and is known for making slightly inappropriate remarks? It was a fun experience and he didn't make any comments at my expense- WHEW! We did raise over 10,000 for Humanitarian Aid efforts for children that age out of orphanages. It was a fun event that I was happy to be apart of.

Here is a picture of me and Jana after the event. Isn't the necklace pretty? It is made up of fresh water pearls and a blue topaz rock, valued at $2,400. My friend Jana isn't one to be distracted by shiny expensive things so she thought it was FAKE! HAHA, she makes me laugh! She said "2,400 for that? Isn't that costume jewelry?" I love her!

Another event that happened recently was Project Red Light Rescue! I was so excited about this. I have not had the privilege to go to India but hope to go one day. Sower of Seeds international is a great organization that helps rescue women out of sex slavery from the red light district in India. I have a few friends that work for the organization and we decided to have an event in my neck of the woods! We had a good turn out in Fort Worth. It was held at a local coffee shop and we had good music from incredibly talented people and heard the testimonies of two very brave women. Here is a picture of the two precious ladies that gave their testimony. God is so mighty to save and I met two of his most prized possessions this night.


myself with Anita and Lakvish (I hope I spelled that right.)


One of my dear friends Jessica got married and I was honored to be a part of their special day. I respect this couple so much! They are such examples to me in so many ways. Here are few picture of Jessica and Eric's special day.


Aren't they a beautiful couple?! Here they are with my best girls.


This picture was taken 30 seconds before the processional. When you are professional bridesmaid it's a breeze! Kidding, well not really. :)




My friend Aimee-actually I call her Beatty (which is her last name); had a luau in her back yard a few weeks ago. It was a blast. :) She is a blast and might need an entire post so I can introduce her to you. HAHA! Here is a picture of us from the party.

Did I mention she wants to paint her car hot pink? with black flames? and her biggest reason NOT to do it was that she thought someone might want to steal it?! We don't the same thought process, obviously. HAHA!!! She is awesome. She calls me shooter. She says I tell it like it is and shoot straight with people. (me? no way?!) She brings out the more carefree side of Sarah and I bring her back to reality. :) Beatts, you bless me!!!

My sister graduated from college! I am so proud of Annie! She worked her tail off. I think I was more excited about her graduation than my own. She is a jewel!! I love her so much. Way to go Annie, I am so excited to see what is next for you in this journey called life. My cousin Valerie took pictures of this special day. I will post a link when they are ready. OK that's is all for now. I must go do one of the many things I listed at the beginning of this post!!

As Always,

Sarah

No comments: