I am a little overwhelmed right now. Life is full of decisions to make and sometimes I am not very good at making them, I see the end result and immediatley become anxious and nervous because I want to get there. But not knowing how I am going to get there sometimes sends me into panic mode. But I know I am not alone in this, even though sometimes I get frustrated and feel that way. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Sometimes when faced with grown-up decisions like moving, purchasing a big item, finances etc. I do not like that I am making these decision by myself. In my head, I am thinking " I wasn't planning on figuring this out on my own and making this HUGE decision on my own,without a partner in crime to blame it on." :) I know that sounds a little pathetic but please hear me out, there is another side to this "only me" adventure.--I do not have to consult with anyone. This can be positive and negative. Today, it is negative. When I am being "This is what I want to do and nobody can change my mind- stubborn Sarah" this can be a very positive, exciting, fun, adventure. But, today I am feeling a little timid and thinking that having someone that is in this life with me for the long haul would be helpful right now. I am totally rambling right now. I know I really just need to spend quality time praying and stop thinking so much-- so that is what I am off to do. But I will end on a lighter note. Does anyone else get so excited about daylight savings time like I do? I love DST! There are so many things I love about this time of year! I am always ready for the next season-when it comes to weather. I love them all for specific reasons. Here is a list of a few things I love about Fall. and I really am getting off this thing.
1. UNBELIEVABLE beautiful evenings! I could stay outside forever!
2. Pumpkin anything!!-muffins, candles, soy lattes I love it!
3. Fall clothes- I love when stores get new season clothes and colors. Purple will be a hit this fall~watch and see!
4. Daylight savings time!
4. Fall always makes me think of my dear friend Christy who went to be with Jesus a few years ago in September. Christy acted as if every leaf that changed color and cool crisp morning was the first time she had ever experience a season's change. She LITERALLY asked for pumpkin spice lattes BEFORE they were advertising AND she wore fall sweaters even if it was a crazy warm day in late October. It was as fall was a holiday to her and she had to have sweaters and soy lattes or it wasn't really Fall. Kind of thanksgiving without the big turkey dinner. I will admit I did share (and still do) some of her extremes when it came to a new season.
Oh to a new season in life;)!
4 comments:
Hi Sarah! Thank you for sharing your heart. I know praying always seems like the "big girl" answer, but I also know how great it can feel just to get it all out sometimes! I was just thinking about you the other day and how amazing I think you are. You moved away from your family to go to college and then you moved away again from Lubbock, because you refused to stay comfortable and just go with what was easiest. I so admire that about you! I know that whatever this new season in life brings you, you will make your mark (with style, of course!) and do amazing things. I am so proud to call you my friend. Your memories of Christie inspire me to be more like that. Oh, and I am also very excited about the emergence of purple this fall! Love you!
my dear friend. i really miss our bed talks. those were seriously some of my absolute favorite moments in life.i love to hear your heart. you are amazing and i don't know if i would be where i am right now with out you...yeah and im not joking. you are beautiful and i know that you will know where to step out and will do it with confidence in Him. You are just amazing like that. i love you.
great post--love you friend! i love pumpkin anything, bought something purple last weekend, and am enjoying the slightly cooler weather that we've been having. :)
Hearing stories about Christy while drinking pumpkin lattes..sounds like an amazing date! Wow, her legacy and funny stories always seems to come back to the love of JESUS!! She's incredible! Love ya..can I borrow your purple clothes?hehe
Post a Comment