Wednesday, October 8, 2008

who buys this stuff?



OK so I know I am a sucker for the latest cute purse and my theory on purple makes me want this pea coat for the fall. But I quickly come back to reality and I know that this beautiful purple coat from J. Crew is not a reality in the spending section of the funds. :) If I did spend my funds on this with a clear conscience (notice the last little bit of that) I would probably be wearing this everyday till June because that is how long it would take me to convince myself this was a "good buy". But you all know what I mean by a "good buy"; something that you feel is worth your hard earned cash. This past weekend a friend and I went by Bed Bath and Beyond to look for something in particular. This store overwhelms me. I am sure there are good buys in there but seriously, lets be honest there is also a bunch a junk. I mean, I just can't fathom who buys some of the thing we found. It was unbelievable. Let me give you a few example of what is currently filling the shelves at Bed Bath and Beyond.

1. The Ear lift??
Invisible ear lobe support tape supports ear lobes that have been stretched or torn and relieves strain from heavy earrings. They even prevent future stretching. Simply apply the EarLift™ tape to the back of your ear lobe and press firmly to secure. After, just insert earring post through pierced hole and tape, and you're able to wear your favorite earrings in comfort. Includes 60 medical-grade, hypoallergenic adhesives.


Here is my thought~seriously? Who walking in Bed Bath and Beyond looking for new Ear Lift adhesives?




2.As Seen on TV Riddex Rodent Repelling Aid - I just want to meet the person that invented this.


Say good riddance to pests with this As Seen on TV Riddex Pest Repeller. It's designed to turn the wiring in your house into an invisible pest repellent force field. Using patented Digital Pulse Technology, this repellant creates an irritating environment for pests inside your walls, chasing them away from your house. Riddex Plus includes a built in night light and LED indicator lights.
Have you notice that all of these product have the "seen on TV" logo on them? Why does that make us want to buy it? This is my last one. But before I show it to you I have a confession to make......
I have this last gift in my bathroom right now.
I bought this last thing for a ZOE Christmas party for the gift exchange a few years ago. The truth is I really wanted it for myself so I bought it for the white elephant party scheming to end up with it and take it home! (the year before I ended up with Jenifer Davidson's old retainer-yuck!) I wanted to make sure I got a fun gift I would never really buy. So at the end of the party I couldn't wait to take this home and use it.



3. The Twisty Towel!

Twisty Towel Hair Towel (Set of 2)The Twisty Towel is the original super-absorbent hair towel that dries hair in just seconds. Whether your hair is long or short, the one-size-fits-all 100% cotton towel will stay in place. Since your hair will require less blow drying it will stay healthy and strong with less wear and tear. Simply place it on your head, twist, and fasten. Machine wash. Imported

The truth is this is a pretty fun little towel because it is the perfect size for your head, but you kind of look like you have a fitted turban on your head instead of a towel. I will say that I am not sure that I have healthy hair due to the twisty towel turban, but maybe so?











8 comments:

annie casas said...

That coat is the bomb! I want one...maybe I can get another color and we could walk around together!haha Scarfs on sale at New York & Co!!!! GOO!

Leslie said...

Ok, love the coat. I'm with you though. I am a little cheap so I would be wearing it until next September to justify the purchase. Don't know how well that would work during the summer. My thoughts on the products: The rodent thing, ok, is this safe for homes with small children? If the wiring in your entire home has been turned into a rodent death trap, is this a good idea??? The Twisty Towel, I think I want one of these. Don't have a lot of motivation to dry my hair these days and I'm sure when the baby comes that desire is not going to return quickly. Thanks for the product info!! Hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

I have actually really been wanting a twisty towel. I actually think about going to get one every morning as i dry my hair for what seems like hours. Maybe your blog is the motivation I was looking for!

Oh, and that coat is fabulous! I say get it! However, many a lady has stopped hanging out with me becuase I talk them into crazy purchases. I just want to be supportive.

The Louders said...

The coat is fabulous...but my husband has banned me from shopping with Kelsey because she is so "supportive". :) Hehe. But I do love the coat, maybe I should donate to the "Sarah loves this coat" fund!
Okay, the twisty towel, my mom actually put one in all the girls stockings last year. I don't really use it, but I've heard so many that do and want one. Maybe I should actually try it out....I think I tried once, and it did look like a turban!

Natalie said...

Love this post & your new background! That ear lift product is hilarious!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh Sarah! I'm so in! You're on my list!

I've actually kept up with yours too...and have to say that the ear thingy- LOVE. I've actually, TRULY wondered if this kind of product was out there...and now, thanks to your blog...I CAN go to BB&B JUST for those! And then wear my fabulous, but dang heavy Italian earrings with confidence!


annnd.....ummmm....you SO need to make a Mr. Sarah list!!!

Denae said...

Sarah! Kristin and I saw a purple coat and Forever 21...I'm sure it's not as fabulous as this one...but it was only $40. You should look into it.

Sarah said...

Thanks Denae! I will check it out.