Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beautiful Feet

I know, I know 2 blogs in one night. I am on a roll!!!! This is actually something very cool that happened tonight and I got a little excited so I wanted to share. I have been going back and forth with God on a few things, hence the previous post about making big decisions. I may share what that is with the blog world but, maybe on another post. Anyway, I was kind of whining about my friends and how they are getting to travel and go on mission trips and blah, blah, blah. I love missions and know that I am called to always be apart- going, sending or praying. But, I feel that a few things God is asking me to do may inhibit the "going" part and I was a little upset about that. So, I was whining about it. This year, God has been working on my heart for the inner city ministries around this area. Beautiful Feet is a great "homeless" church downtown. Anyone can go and serve there and I love it! I have also mention my friend Beatrice, a little elderly lady that God has laid on my heart and place in my path (literally). I know that these are great ministry opportunities, but in my head they were "not enough" or so I thought..... anyway, this is how my conversation with God went.
God: " Go back to beautiful feet"
Sarah: " I know, but, what about some where else? Some where I could travel? Beautiful feet and hanging out with Beatrice is not enough."
God: "Call Beatrice."
Sarah: " Why? I think she thinks I am a weird young person that need friends my own age. I don't really make that much of an impact in her life anyway. I can't give her the money she needs, and dinner and brownies once a month is not life changing."
God: "Call Beatrice and go to beautiful feet."
Sarah: "Fine, I will make Beatrice dinner tonight and I will go to beautiful feet on Wednesday."

So, I got home after work today and went for a walk, called Beatrice, and made dinner. As I was getting to her apartment, she forgot the code to the gate. I waited for someone to let me in for 15 minutes and by this time I was thinking, "great, I hope you are not starving by now" since it was already 8pm. I was finally able to get in( she had to come outside and manually type in a code) and she seemed a little "down in the dumps". I asked her if she needed to sit in the car for a minute and talk to me. She started telling me why she was sad and that she thought she was no longer going to get housing assistance and therefore couldn't afford her apartment anymore. She was so upset and worried about this "notice" she got in the mail. I told her I would look over it because she said it had big words she couldn't understand. I walked up to her apartment with her and she showed me the letter. It turns out it was a change in policy notice from the assistance program telling everyone about the changes they are making and to give everyone who was abusing the system an opportunity to terminate themselves from the program before they were terminated by the government. I told Beatrice she had nothing to worry about and she could still keep her apartment and they would help her as long as she followed these guidelines. I have never in my life seen a little old lady jump for joy and thank God like I did tonight. She looked at me and said "really? are you sure?" I told her I was positive and explained the entire letter to her. She immediately began praising God with her hands in the air, "Thank you Jesus, thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you for sending my friend Sarah over to read this letter to me! Thank you Lord, you always provide!" It almost brought tears to my eyes to see how grateful she was. She told me she hadn't been able to eat or sleep since she receive that letter. Now she said she will eat since I brought her dinner AND sleep since she knows she has a home. We prayed together and she hugged me and jumped around and hugged me again. It was so fun and I wanted to laugh because she looked so cute clapping and hollering without her teeth! I ran to my car overjoyed. Then I heard God say..." I told you to call Beatrice." Wow! For such a time as this. I am definitely going to Beautiful Feet next week!

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!- Romans 10:15

11 comments:

annie casas said...

THE FAITHFULNESS OF OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS RIDICULOUS... AHHH IT'S THE BEST!!!!WOW, SO GLAD BEATRICE WILL BE ABLE TO EAT A WARM MEAL AND SLEEP PEACEFULLY TONIGHT~! YES!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!

The Louders said...

Wow! Listen & Obey, Listen & Obey. Been showing me that too over and over lately. Simple really, for some reason hard for us sometimes, but so rewarding.
That's awesome, Sarah! Thank you, Lord! Thank you for Sarah and Beatrice and how you have orchestrated their relationship! Now, I can't wait to hear about Beatufiul Feet. :)

Jennifer said...

oh my goodness...totally brought tears to my eyes! (I do tend to get teary easily-but still!)

Fantastic story! It's amazing to me how our tiny acts of obedience can sometimes make such an incredibly huge difference!

Can't wait to see what God has in store for you at Beautiful Feet!

Jennifer said...

Hi again! So I was sitting here in Colo Springs telling my girls about my new blog friend Sarah...and I have been told by Renee' Moyer that you are her most favorite person in the world and I should ABSOLUTELY be your friend...AND then Sharon Miller said to tell you that she loves you and misses you. And she wants to know if you know where Hayley Utter is?

Denae said...

Oh Sarah, I love your stories! I want to know how it goes at Beautiful Feet and please call me and tell me about your big decisions.

annie casas said...

Hi Sarah! This is Marisa on Annie's computer;) I was so excited to read this blog that I read it out loud to Annie with voices!!! We miss you, and Beatrice. Yeah, for God always being right...Hugs!

annie casas said...

This is Marisa again. I think I need one of these...but you girls will have to set it up for me:) Can you say myspace revisited?

Natalie said...

What a cool story--thanks for sharing. God is definitely using you here in the lives of many, including mine. :)

That Janie Girl said...

Hey, Sarah! I came over from the Miracle 5 blog.

Love the Beatrice story!

I'll be coming back to read more!

God bless your hearing ears and seeing eyes!

Paige Allen said...

Just wantedc to say thanks for the JJ Heller tip...love her! Oh, and love you too!

Barker Crew said...

Sarah - it's Kristi from the CDRC and I'm so glad you stopped by our blog!! My eyes are welling with tears reading your story and FEELING the love of God working through you...amazing! I am touched and inspired by your faithfulness! You were probably around 19 years old when I met you and you were such a sweet, sweet young woman...now to see what a wonderful woman of God you are is just thrilling! Keep in touch --- Love, K