Monday, August 17, 2009

I can't find my brain...

So I am all moved in to my new place. I LOVE it. I love my roommates and my house. God is good. I was very apprehensive thinking about living with 3 other women who have their own way of doing things and who have lived alone for a few years. But its great and totally a God thing and we have a beautiful HOME. I will post pictures soon, although I always say that! So I moved into my house and lost my brain. I have done so many air-head things lately, it's almost embarrassing. Well, it is actually embarrassing. Here is my list of ohmygosh Sarah you are driving me crazy: I lost my debit card (or it was stolen, that sounds better and SO not my fault) so I cancel it immediately. Ok, no big deal. Carry on. After work on Friday I tackle my last box of randomness and clean up the music/study room in my retro style house and make dinner. Some time between Friday night and Sunday morning I lose my keys. Yup, that's right. I didn't notice till SUNDAY. hmmm... to help me not seem totally crazy, I didn't move my car till Sunday morning and spent my Saturday with Kim (sweet roommate from Destin,Fl) we drove her car around the DFW on Saturday. On Sunday mornings (church Saturday night) I meet with my gateway girls bible study group. I had a great start on Sunday- went for a jog and was ready to go to bible study @8:30 am. Could find my keys anywhere.... so I grab my spare and decided to look for them later. I realized as I was driving down the freeway that I needed to put gas in my car...almost on EMPTY. It was then that I realized that I have no cash, only checks and no debit card. Seriously, people- this world doesn't take checks anymore. Checks are so 2001. ;) Anyway, needless to say I didn't get to go to my bible study because I didn't have a way to put gas in my car to get there. Its OK to laugh... but I was NOT laughing after stopping at 3 gas stations, 1 of them being very shady and the cashier lady was behind a plastic screen with metal bars INSIDE the store. At this point my next thought was- it's OK; go to Panera, have a bagel and do your bible study. :) Stay positive, Sarah. It's not the end of the world. So I go to Panera and immediately smell the bagel and coffee goodness and all was right again- until I asked, "do you take checks?" Do you really want to guess what his answer was? Yeah, ummm no. At this point I had wasted the little gas in my car and was so beyond annoyed with myself. I drive home and pull into the drive way and I pulled in just a little to close to the extra washer we have stored in the garage. :) Yes, I "bumped" the washer just a little with my car. OPPS! I was so annoyed I didn't even check it till later that afternoon. And I still haven't found my keys. Oh my days! It's still not funny. But its not the end of the world. I hope you are laughing at my air-head of a day yesterday. :) Today is a brand new day. Let's hope I find my keys. Anyone else do these crazy things?
*Update- I found my keys! The lawn guy found them in the grass on the front lawn right by the curb...don't know how they got there because as you know, (if you have actually read this all the way thru) I park in the gargage(right by the washer). It doesn't matter, what matters is- I have my keys again!!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, Sarah! Glad you ended up finding your keys!

minda312 said...

awwwww we missed you at bible study! so sad it was such a stressful morning for you!