Monday, March 22, 2010

This is how I know what love is...


Stop what you are doing right now and listen to this song. Actually, read my blog first then listen to this song. ;) I have never felt like I have had a song seem like it was taken right out of my heart before hearing this song. I bought this CD when I was in Kansas City visiting IHOP for a few days in Decemeber. Since then, God has poured out His love upon me like never before. I really can't even explain how in LOVE I am. I know that sounds cheesy-and honestly I am not one of those single girls that likes to say I am "dating Jesus right now". Because, I am not. It's not the same thing to me. It's much deeper. I never understood that concept. I get the concept of being the bride of Christ and the marriage imagery because it has a much deeper meaning. I just can't associate the love I have for GOD the same as a new interest in a boy( I should say man but, I always say boy. I even call my dad a boy. He is not a boy).
What I am trying to say is, I feel like I am receiving so much of God's love for me that it is overwhelming at times. I am so in Love with His word, His people, His presence- I could go on and on. Anyway,I was taking a little drive and thinking about life and happenings and such. As you might remember from previous post I had 5 close friends get engaged/married between Thanksgiving and New Years. I am so very excited but, I literally got a call every week to hear about the engagement, the ring, the date, the dress, etc. (if you are one of my engaged/married friends, I am excited for you, but wanted to be REALLY excited for you.) I felt like I had to muster my excitement at times. Not because I was sad or jealous but, simply because I have never been engaged, or married. So, in a sense I felt like my excitement could only go so far. I couldn't relate. I don't know what that experience is like. I couldn't tell them-have fun,it only gets better,etc. Does that make sense? So, I was talking to God about that- asking him to give me joy and strength to love my friends and to bless them during this time even though I have never experienced the love that they have.
I felt like God stopped me in that moment and said,
"Sarah, I AM LOVE. You know what love is. I AM the greatest love of all and you know me. You know what love is. "

It was a definite "Ah-ha" moment for me. So I turned up the music and began thanking God for reminding me of that truth- and this song began to play at that very moment. YES! I kidd you not! Yes, of course I wept... and drove and wept a little more. I love HIM.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Sarah! Maybe not in the same way as you, but I feel like I've been discovering that when it comes down to it, only God is our true comfort and strenth. While others can be good counsel and help to us, He is the only place we will find true peace, not from our families, friends, husbands etc. I've known this in my head, but it's becoming very real to me!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

OK...so I read this post forever ago...and just couldn't comment cause I didn't know what to say. I LOVED the post...I LOVE that song. I could have easily written those words from my heart as well. Nothing else seemed adequate enough to add...because your words were so true.
And I LOVE what you said about the whole "dating Jesus" weirdness...cause it is so much deeper. I always felt bad for not being more into that concept or even word choices. See...such kindred spirits...