Sarah: Hi, I live next door and I smell something burning. My apartment seems fine but, I was wondering if you could smell it as well.
Neighbor: Ummm....no, I do not think anything is burning. (picture a girl 20-something with the door cracked enough for her head to fit through)
Sarah: Oh, ok. (as I smell it a little stronger) Do you smoke? Because I am wondering if maybe it is coming through my air vents.
Neighbor: Ummm.....umm... cigarettes. Maybe it is the candle? I just blew out a candle.
Sarah: Ok. thanks. bye.
Now, her answer to "Do you smoke?"-- was cigarettes? Did she think I was asking so that I could smoke with her? Why would she assume that I was talking about something else? Anyway, I called my apartment people and told them that my apartment smelled like smoke so they "sent someone" to check it out. They left me a note that said, did not smell smoke. Great, a lot of good that did. I do not know what to do. I do not think it smells bad all the time but it is something that I notice at certain times all of a sudden it smells a little smokey in my kitchen. What do you think I should do? Call the cops? I am SURE that she will know that her weird neighbor who came over in a frantic called the cops. What can the cops do? Maybe I can get a can of extra strength air freshener. Any suggestions?
2 comments:
ugh, that is not good! I don't know what you should do. Sad as it is, I really don't think calling the cops would help. Maybe you could call your apartment people to come right away next time you smell it.
I love that your first and top concern WAS the safety of your neighbors and just barged right over to save them. You're so my hero Sarah!
Soooooo NOT that I would really know....but uuuuhhhhhh...if there was something non-cigarretteish being smoked....it wouldn't really smell like smoke....but more of a sweet smell....
...or so I've been told....
Post a Comment