Friday, January 23, 2009

What I want

I know I said I would post about my friend Jana's wedding but I really don't want to and since this is my blog I can do that. You can see the wedding pics on facebook if you are interested. I will say that I have never been so involved in any wedding before in my life! I really think when my turn comes I am just going to go to the beach. Weddings are alot of work! Don't get me wrong, I was so happy to help with the wedding planning because it was so important to her; just A LOT to do.
Ok, well, moving on. This week has been a little rough for me. God is REALLY speaking to me and moving in my life. Just not really sure of all the details right now. (Shocking, right?) Anyway, I had a little bit of a freak out earlier this week. Right before I went to bed I was praying and trying so very hard to calm down. And God told me, "Sarah, you tell people all the time who I am. Now is an opportunity for you to experience me in this way and you don't act as if you even believe what you tell others to believe." Ouch. Ok, you are right. I know that you are in control, I know that you know all my days, I know that you are my portion, my deliverer, my everything. But when He actually has opportunity to do this, I don't like it. Let's just say I have my own agenda and God does too. We always end up doing what He wants. :) Sometimes I think we limit God with our expectations. It seems this week was the beginning of one of those times for me. Have you ever had an experience that went totally different that you thought it would? I like to have a plan, I like to know what it coming next but God likes to use this part of my personality to develop patience and character. :) He is never late, and He has never left me disappointed. In fact, He always far EXCEEDS my expectations. I have learned a very important lesson this week. And that it is, I want what HE wants. Nothing more, nothing less. When I have this perspective, I am never disappointed and I do not limit what God can do. Sometimes, I think He gives us EXACTLY what we want just to show us that it was not at all what we needed. Do you know that song "Home" by Daughtry? I know I am all over the place but just stay with me. There is one line in this song that says "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it all." I am not sure what this means in the song, but to me it may mean that what we wish for may not be exactly what we need at the moment. When our heart is in the right place and we truly want whatever God wants for us it shows Him that we trust Him with our heart, desires, purpose, dreams, life. I think at this place, is where we become truly satisfied and HE far exceeds our expectations. So, if you are reading this and you have an opportunity in your life for God to move; maybe you are praying for your finances, to start a family, to get married, to buy a house-I don't know. Whatever it is,are you praying for what YOU want or are you truly at a place where you WANT what God wants? Because I promise you He is faithful, He cannot deny himself. God is a faithful God. (2 Tim 2:11-13) His ways are higher than your ways, and His thoughts are higher than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:9) Maybe your life has hap pend exactly like you thought it would, that great! Tell me your secret. J/K. My life is not at all what I thought it would be at 27, its better. Not because I have done anything great,or because I have had everything I have ever desired but because God has given me more than anything this world could ever offer and HE has and He will far exceed my expectations. If you are asking God for something and you would like me to pray for you will you email me?-sarahj.casas@gmail.com I really didn't think my blog would turn into an alter call but,ok. In all seriousness, I know what it is like to trust God for really BIG things and desires of my heart and I know He has given me a really big dose of peace and faith and excitement and I would love to pray that over you! Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen
(Ephesians 3:20-21)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Love you friend, and I've been thinking about you!

annie casas said...

wow...you said it all! Such an amazing and encouraging sister I have! I'm speechless...Jesus' heart shines soo much through you ...its blinding!!! You have no clue the impact and difference you make in people's lives because of your obedience and steadfastness. You are a WORLD CHANGER!! Love you!

Denae said...

I'm praying for you Sarah! I know that God will lead you in the right direction. Thanks for calling me yesterday...I loved hearing about what is going on in your world! You should all more often. :)